Luckily we had full size Mylars of the exact specifications and we could trace them onto the plywood using carbon paper and rulers. As Oliver and I traced them onto the ply, Drew cut them out. When all 15 or so of them were cut out, we had to use Alfie's calculations and drawings in order to trace out where each piece of trim will be attached on each side of the bulkhead. Some of the bulkheads will only have a forward face, or vise versa, but most of them will be seen from either side.
After they were cut, we had to go through each one and measure the width and length of all the pieces of trim and put them into a list based on their width. So, for example, we may have ended up with 150 of trim at 3 inches, 80 feet at 4 inches, 110 feet at 2 1/2 inches, and so forth. Eventually, we will rip these measurements out from our solid Butternut supply. But first, our task on Friday, included making straight edges in all of the butternut. After this was done, we were out of time for the week, and will begin next week by cutting all the trim.
As we did this, Brendan built and installed the beautiful centerboard trunk and laid out where each bulkhead will go in the boat, as well as the cabin sole.
Then as a nice surprise on Saturday a tour of some good friends of Alfie's came by the boatyard to see the progress. Nat and Melissa Philbrick, Eric and Betsy Holch, Bill and Eileen Eddy, and of course Sandi Holland. From there, we all traveled to Falmouth to see the progress of Nat and Melissa Philbrick's 40 ft yawl which is currently upside-down and in the cold moulding process. Then, once again, we were off to Bill Eddy's house to see his project of five years, a 50ft flat bottomed boat very similar to a Sharpie. In all, it was a very fulfilling and exciting week of sailboats and sailboat lovers.
No time lapse this week, no one was in the boat!